Saturday, December 13, 2014

52-song project for 2015

Dear Friends and Folks,

I've been on a performance sabbatical for the past year, which you already knew if you read this blog (I would say read regularly, but as I haven't been posting very regularly, that would be impossible). 

It's been a bit of a rough year for me. I've been struggling with peri-menopausal symptoms and depression. It's been the kind of year where I never knew if, on any given day, going up on stage would be a delightful experience or a torturous one. That made it pretty daunting to book gigs months in advance.

I decided that life is too short to put myself through that kind of uncertainty and difficulty. I decided it was okay to give myself a break.

And I'm thinking about letting that break continue for a while longer. I have only one show booked in 2015 so far, and if that's the only one, that's fine with me.

However, I'm still (always) writing and I want to continue to share my songs. In addition to writing new songs, I have hundreds of songs that I've written in the past and have never recorded – some of which I've forgotten I ever wrote!

(Like this one that I posted to YouTube many years ago – I came across it a few weeks ago when I was posting another song to YouTube and realized I had totally forgotten that I had ever written, recorded or posted it! And it's a pretty good song.)



Sooooo, I've decided that in 2015, I'm going to create a 52-song project. Every Sunday, I'm going to post a video to YouTube. In some cases, there will be a corresponding blog post talking a bit about the Song of the Week. I'll be sharing a mix of brand new songs and songs from the near and distant past.

I would be delighted if you cared to give your "Thumbs up" to songs or comment on them. I'll use your feedback to help me select which songs to record on my next album — which will hopefully get made toward the end of 2015 or in 2016!

To join in on this project, please subscribe to my YouTube Channel (or "Like" me on Facebook if you prefer) and get ready to listen to (and vote on) an original, interesting song every week.

No comments:

Post a Comment